Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I want to find a Dr that can give me the hsv eraser

Customer Question
I want to find...

I want to find a Dr that can give me the hsv eraser immunization

Doctor's Assistant: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?

I have taken valcyclovir but haven't taken it in wit some time and hear there is a shit that can cure herpes for good

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Yes feeling manic/depressive

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Medical
Sorry meant to say a hsv eraser injection not on medication want to be cured like other people are my husband and I are just reunited and I don't want him to suffer from the same thing I do and very stressed (manic and depressive) it don't help none with the breakouts
Need to see a Dr in Murfreesboro just moved to Nashville area
10/3/2017
Doctor: Dr. J, Board Certified MD replied 10 months ago
Dr. J
Dr. J, Board Certified MD

Hi there. Board-certified obgyn here. Preparing a response and will be with you shortly.

Unfortunately there is no cure for herpes at this time. Like many viruses, once you have been infected, some small amount of virus will be "dormant" within your body forever, meaning it is inactive but still present, and could reactivate. Risk factors for reactivation of herpes include anything that depresses your immune system, such as smoking, stress, lack of sleep, poor diet, and other illnesses. If you take valacyclovir every day you reduce the chance of having an outbreak, and of transmitting it to your husband. I typically tell my patients to avoid intercourse during times of active outbreak and take the medication everyday to reduce risk of transmitting it. Mayo Clinic has some information here. Do you have any other questions for me?

Hi there. If you're satisfied with this response, please leave a rating by clicking on the stars above.