Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I have had diareha for the last 3 days --at first it was the…

Customer Question
I have had diareha...

I have had diareha for the last 3 days --at first it was the color of corn meal and very slimy now it is dark green and very slimy alot of bowl cramps

Doctor's Assistant: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?

Not yet . I am a cancer survivor--cancer inside my nose. Meds I take are Prilosec- Aditivan

Doctor's Assistant: Are you keeping a personal medical record while dealing with this?

I also take Eliquis and Ritilan No record at this time but I can start one

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Not that I can think of

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Medical
10/3/2017
Doctor: Dr Chip (M.D.), Doctor replied 10 months ago

Hello I'm Dr Chip

Any fever with this?

Any relation to something you might have eaten?

I have had a few chills like coming down with a bad cold or flu. It started last Satyrday morning--on Friday I ate at a restaurant

OK

Usually this is a viral gastroenteritis and it runs its course in a few days.

For now I'd suggest oral probiotics, a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar in a glass of water twice a day, and plenty of juices and GatorAde

If it goes on beyond another few days you need to have your doctor check a stool culture for E coli, salmonella, and C diff since at that point you'd need a course of oral antibiotics

Please let me know if you need any more information