Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

Is there anything that will stop ringing in the ears? This…

Customer Question
Is there anything that...

Is there anything that will stop ringing in the ears?

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been dealing with the ear issue? Have you had any colds or flus recently?

This has been going on for many years. I have no hearing problem.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I also have heavy pressure in my head--mainly my temples.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Medical
10/3/2017
Doctor: Dr Josh, Doctor replied 10 months ago
Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor

Dear customer

This is Dr. Josh. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Dear customer

Thank you for being online.

Ringing & buzzing in ears is medically termed as a condition called tinnitus.The most common cause of this is damage to the microscopic endings of the hearing nerve in the inner ear.Other causes are:hearing nerve impairment due to advanced age,wax buildup or foreign objects in the ear canal, ear or sinus infections,exposure to loud noise,diseases of the central nervous system.

In many cases,it may simply go away on its own.Otherwise treatment includes anti-anxiety drugs and antidepressants,antihistamines, anticonvulsants,Tinnitus retraining therapy (TRT).Treatment with low doses of anti-anxiety drugs such as Valium or antidepressants such as Elavil help reduce tinnitus.

So my best advise for you is to please consult your ENT doctor for the best treatment option accordingly to reduce/stop ringing in ears.

Thank you.

Hope this helped

If you have any further question then you can ask me.

Please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today ,we only get after positive feedback.

Bonus is highly appreciated.

We are here to help you until you satisfy.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh