Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I have pretty bad pain in my stomach. yesterday i had

Customer Question
I have pretty bad...

I have pretty bad pain in my stomach. yesterday i had diahrea and tookimmodium. started getting a cold so took cold med. now pain in stomach - where you feel full when you eat - that's where the pain is.

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been in pain? Are you experiencing any vomiting or nausea?

No

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I take lamictal, premarin, lasix, nexium, zoc or

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Medical
10/3/2017
Doctor: Dr Stan, Doctor replied 10 months ago
Dr Stan
Dr Stan, Doctor

Hello this is Dr. Stan and I will assist you with your question today. I am U.S. trained,

Board Certified and I have 32 years of patient experience. I am happy to help you. I'm sorry that you are having stomach pain with loose stool. If the loose stool has stopped, then stop the Lomotil, if not then continue taking the Lomotil until loose stool stops. The stomach cramps are most likely due to muscle cramping from your diarrhea. May I suggest you drink an 8 ounce glass of warm/hot water with the juice of one lemon in it. Do not eat any solid food for the next 12-24 hours. Continue to drink the lemon water every 2-3 hours until all cramping goes away. Then start a soft diet of dry toast/crackers, bananas, boiled white rice and chicken without skin for 24 hours. If the pain continues, then a call to your doctor for evaluation is suggested. Your pain should resolve within the next 12-24 hours.

Thank you for allowing me to provide assistance.

I am available to answer any additional questions you may have.

I hope your medical problem(s) are resolved soon and you feel better. If you find the information I provided helpful, so I am compensated for my service, please rate me with 5-Stars. Thank you

How are you feeling?