Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

What happens when a end stage patient just takes meds

Customer Question
What happens when a...

What happens when a end stage patient just takes meds morphine,etc.cough syrups liquid morphine and neb tx's every 15-30 mins and then smokes a pack a day cig's and when the nurses come she is telling them she doing good when I as caring for her see things real different but they don't see what I see.

Doctor's Assistant: What medications do you take daily? Are you allergic to any medications?

She has nka

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

No,I,am her neighbor and also a medical assistant pct,and I stay with her 24 -7 This is her atty appointed surrogate,excecutor etc I just see things no one else see She is in end stage COPD I would just like to inquire how I can help the hospice nurses tell you nothing they don't listen to me saying she forgetful not able to remember how to do thing like work TV remote her computer lungs always said to be clear but cough is unbeleiveable

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Medical
10/3/2017
Doctor: Dr. Muneeb Ali, Doctor replied 10 months ago
Dr. Muneeb Ali

Welcome to JA and thanks for this question. Im sorry to hear about the patient. Can i ask what is your exact question here today? Can you please specify it? Are you asking as to what to do in this situation? or are you asking whether you should tell the nurses about her real situation?