Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

Is it available dengue vaccine in sydney. thank u. I don't…

Customer Question
Hi,is it available dengue...

Hi,is it available dengue vaccine in sydney. thank u.

Doctor's Assistant: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?

I don't how dengue.but i am planning to travel india.where can i get vaccine for dengue. thank u

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Diabetes and hydrocephalus.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Medical
10/3/2017
Doctor: Dr. Pravin, Physician replied 10 months ago
Dr. Pravin
Dr. Pravin, Physician

Hello

Welcome and Thank you for your query posted.

My name is***** and being a Medicine specialist I would be able to provide you with an appropriate solution to your concern.

Please note that my Goal is to provide you with an Excellent Service .

Before I answer your question I would like to get some more information:

The only way to prevent dengue is to avoid being bitten by mosquitoes. Heavy use of insect repellants during your trip which can vary from locally available jungle repellants to Permethrin 5 % can help prevention of mosquito bites . Use of Mosquito nets during bed time can help in heavily infested areas.

In Australia, there is currently no vaccine or preventative medicine for dengue. Avoiding mosquito bites is the best prevention.

There is currently no dengue vaccine approved for use in the United States. A vaccine was approved for use in Mexico, but has yet to come to market. Various other dengue vaccines are currently under development.

Please note that the answer provided is for information purpose only and does not substitute a Doctor - Patient Consultation in Clinic

Do you Agree with what I have mentioned ?

If you Agree with what I have mentioned, would you like me to release the rating service application on your page so you can leave me a feedback for my opinion provided