Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

Got a sore anus on one side of hole only once in a while.

Customer Question
Got a sore anus...

Got a sore anus on one side of hole only once in a while. Feels like a big zit but no pussing no disscharge. No head on it. Only half or quarter way around. Feels like a sore muscle. Havent had sex in 3 months.

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been dealing with this? Is there anything in particular that makes your head feel worse or better?

My head does not hurt at all just a muscle around my butt hole. 3 weeks its been there and it stings sometimes

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

No. Im 56 and have not had a colonascooy yet.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Medical
Answered in 1 minute by:
10/2/2017
Doctor: Dr Chip (M.D.), Doctor replied 10 months ago

Hello I'm Dr Chip

Any lump in or around your anus?

Ya it feels sore when i push on it

OK

You either have a hemorrhoid or an anal fissure problem here

For now you can try over the counter 1% hydrocortisone cream around the area along with a stool softener and some oral ibuprofen for the pain.

But if it doesn't get better in a couple of days you need to have your doctor check it out

Please let me know if you need any more information