Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I have been experiencing for the last 12 months or so having…

Customer Question
I have been experiencing...

I have been experiencing for the last 12 months or so having what i think is severe bloating, i mean i can eat a hard boiled egg and feel very full. i have also in this time been experiencing dry heaves, very hard, usually nothing comes up. afraid to eat

Doctor's Assistant: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?

Yes i have seen doctors buti feel i am rushed thru and they are not listening. i take Otezla for skin dis-order, alregy medication over the counter, vitamins B12, Folic Acid, and occasionally Singular prescription for the allergies.

Doctor's Assistant: What medications do you take daily? Are you allergic to any medications?

I take all the medications daily with the exception of the singular. i recently discovered i am allergic to moxicillen (hope i spelled correctly) and have never been allergic to penicillin in my life. i have also been diagnosed with burning mouth which is a pain but i developed that after a botched (in my opinion) root canel

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I'm a 3-day pack smoker, no cancer to speak of in my family history, i drink 1-2 bout every other night (not beer) otherwise i have been healthy

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Medical
Answered in 1 minute by:
10/2/2017
Doctor: Dr Chip (M.D.), Doctor replied 8 months ago

Hello I'm Dr Chip

What tests pr studies have you had to evaluate this?

Only thing I have had is complete physical and blood work. Lungs looked good all was good only liver enzymes were elevated some and I was low on folic acid
No let's chat
Guess we we're disconnected

The phone call offer wasn't from me and you don't have to accept it

Were you given any treatment for this?

Told to cut back on drinking plus the folic acid vitamins and B12
Should have said take the vitamins

Just to check--were you screened for an H pylori bacterial stomach infection?

No sir

OK

If I were your doctor I would do a stool screening for that since it can easily be eradicated with antibiotics and your symptoms match it perfectly

For now you can try oral probiotics and a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar in a glass of water twice a day to help

Please let me know if you need any more information

Thanks I will try it
Tried everything else
Which probiotic would u reccomend

Lactobacillus

Please click on the 5 star excellent rating icon so I can get credit for my time with you