Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

SOMETIMES A RIDGE FORMS ON MY STOMACH UP AND DOWN AND

Customer Question
SOMETIMES A RIDGE FORMS...

SOMETIMES A RIDGE FORMS ON MY STOMACH UP AND DOWN AND PROTRUDES WHEN i AM LYING DOWN AND GETTING UP

Doctor's Assistant: How long has this been bothering you? Are you experiencing any vomiting or nausea?

Never and vomiting rarely mild nausea. Had it a long time. Wife saw it and thinks it is a hernia?

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Never have been sick. occasional back problems. Have lifted many heavy things over the years

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Medical
10/2/2017
Doctor: Eric Goldstein, Doctor replied 10 months ago
Eric Goldstein

Hello. My name is***** and I just read through your question.

This is a weakness in your abdominal muscle. It's not a hernia yet. But with time, could become one. it is not something that would be considered an emergency. However, it is worth pointing out to your doctor at your next regularly scheduled visit. there really is not a lot to do for it. Activities like heavy lifting, though, should be avoided as best as possible. These activities increase pressure in the abdomen and could potentially weaken the muscle more.