Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I am 67 yrs old & had a ct scan with contrast ran Friday &

Customer Question
I am 67 yrs old...
I am 67 yrs old & had a ct scan with contrast ran Friday & just had a phone call that I had kidney stones!- 1 is 7mm & 1 is smaller, could this be the reason I have no energy & just feel run down?? And how do you think they will remove the stones-the nurse is setting me an appt with urologist, I am not hurting a lot-just feel pressure down there- the nurse said that it could hit me anytime -the pain-if the stones start moving:::
Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Medical
10/2/2017
Doctor: Dr. Ravoof, Doctor replied 10 months ago
Dr. Ravoof
Dr. Ravoof, Doctor

Dear customer,

Thank you for the question.

Since when do you have no energy and are feeling down? Were any blood tests done? Do you have a fever, abdominal pain, or back pain? Are there any urinary symptoms?

I have had no energy & felt run down for about 2 months now, Went to NP - had UTI-had blood work done- everything came back normal: Gave me B12 shots for 2 weeks & suggested I get the ones from Walmart to dissolve under tongue-doesn’t work that well-!! I texted last week about the bleeding I had from my vaginitis & it was suggested that I see a gyn-I did & he set me up for ct scan with contrast- results were 2 kidney stones 1 is 7 mm- didn’t say what size other 1 is- getting me appt with urologist

Dear customer,

Thank you for the question.

This is not the reason that you are feeling run down without any energy. A urinary stone can cause an infection in which case there can be weakness and fatigue. But you did not have any infection. Also if you had lost a sufficient quantity of blood that can cause anemia and weakness then it would have shown an abnormal result in your blood tests. But since your blood tests were normal this is not the likely cause for your weakness.

The weakness and fatigue can be due to vitamin B12 deficiency. Kidney stones more commonly will cause severe pain and urinary symptoms.

Take care.

Did I answer your question? Please reply.

Thank you.

Had infection with the UTI-took antibiotics for that & it cleared up..But she thought my NO ENERGY &WEAKNESS was from UTI!!! But I still have NO ENERGY & FEEL RUN DOWN & SLEEPY all the time-that’s why she gave me B12–What could be causing this? I have always been very energetic , but now I just want to stay in pj’s all day & sleep!!!!

Dear customer,

Thank you for replying.

It is possible that you are losing some blood due to the stone in the urinary tract and this may have caused the anemia. If your hemoglobin is getting low then you may feel such weakness and tiredness. You should check your hemoglobin levels. Taking an iron supplement will be beneficial if your iron levels are low. Also, you should check whether your thyroid results were normal. A low thyroid hormone can cause such tiredness.

Take care.

Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.
Please rate the answer with 5-stars, by clicking the 5-stars above with your mouse (or with your finger for a

mobile device).
It will be very generous of you to also consider a bonus.
Thank you!

Hello!!!!! No Reply!!!!!!

Dear customer,

Were you able to read my reply?

Thank you!

Dear customer,
Thank you for replying.
Take care.
mobile device).
Thank you!

Dear customer,
Were you able to read my answer?
Do you have any further questions?
Thank you.