Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

If you know you are allergic to balsam of peru and have been…

Customer Question
If you know you...

If you know you are allergic to balsam of peru and have been seeing a dermatologist since February, should you a) continue to see the b) see an allergist. I only ask because I continue to itch have scars all over by body no,

Doctor's Assistant: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?

They have me on levocetirizine 5 mg am doxepin 25 at hs and yes I saw my family physician first

Doctor's Assistant: What medications do you take daily? Are you allergic to any medications?

I don't take reglan just because of side affects I have mixed connective tissue disorder, fibromyalgia and chronic daily migraines just retired from my job. I'm 52 I take several meds. Botox every 12 weeks inderal trokendi calan are migraines meds lyrica cymbalta for fibro, plaquenil was on Celebrex but kidney can't take it for auto immune disease so now joint just swell I have massive gerd since I was 12 when I got my first ulcer so I take dexilant domperidone and Zantac for that and yes I know it's a lot of meds I was a nurse for 27 years but had to retire because hands got to the point they couldn't give shots

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Yes I also take trulicity but my a1c is 6.2 and bs are 90-125

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Medical
10/2/2017
Doctor: Dr. David, Board Certified Physician replied 10 months ago
Dr. David, Board Certified Physician

Hello, this is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

I am sorry you have scars over your body.

you should see a dermatologist regularly.

sometimes itchy scars can be helped with moisturizing creams and steroid creams

you can also try Mederma anti scar creams and vitamin E oils on your skin to see if that helps your scars.

lidocaine and skin numbing creams can sometimes help decrease itchiness from scars

GoldBond makes a 4% over the counter lidocaine cream which can help

let me know if you have questions.