Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

At night im on oxygen for copd it has dried the contents of…

Customer Question
At night im on...

At night im on oxygen for copd it has dried the contents of my nose solid so I cant breath well how can thuin be cleaned from my nose and nasal cavities

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been dealing with this? Are you having any breathing problems?

Yes but my ent ran a camera up it clearing a small part

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I have a mechanical mitral valve and high blood pressure and had a stroke 11 years ago

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Medical
10/2/2017
Doctor: Dr.Saleem, Doctor replied 10 months ago
Dr.Saleem
Dr.Saleem, Doctor

Hello and welcome to JA. Dr Saleem here. Will be answering you shortly

Well you need to apply vaseline or petroleum jelly in your nose esp at night. Use saline nasal drops to help remove the scabs/ crusting.

We recommend using portable humidifiers for patients with COPD to keep the inhaled air nice and moist so that it doesnt cause crusting.

According to experts ,portable humidifier with an evaporative or "cool mist" version is especially helpful. Its recommended that you change the water daily to prevent contamination. If the humidifier comes with a filter, you should change that in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions, as well.

I hope it was helpful.

Let me know if you have any further queries.Please reward credit for the consult by clicking 5 stars in rating corner of your page if you are satisfied.Regards.

Dear customer its to request you to please leave a positive rating for my service as that will ensure i get my due share for my work.

Thanking in anticipation.

Kind regards