Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I have just eaten some multigrain bread, and dipped it in…

Customer Question
I have just eaten...

I have just eaten some multigrain bread, and dipped it in some olive oil, salt, pepper and little wine vinegar. Tasted delicious. When I looked at

Doctor's Assistant: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?

On the back of the bottle it said Sept. 2016. Can I get sick from eating olive oil that use buy date is SEPT 2016?

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Medical
10/2/2017
Doctor: Richard Han, Board Certified MD replied 10 months ago
Richard Han
Richard Han, Board Certified MD
Hello my name is***** am a board-certified physician and I am happy to help you. While possible to get stomach upset, nausea, vomiting or diarrhea, consuming expired olive oil is unlikely to cause any serious or dangerous illness. Are you feeling any of the above?
Doctor: Dr. David, Board Certified Physician replied 10 months ago
Dr. David, Board Certified Physician

This is Dr. David

most likely you will not get sick from dripping into olive oil which is expired.

you don't have to worry

Let me know if you have other questions.
If done for now, please leave Positive Rating of 5 stars so I can get credit for helping you today.
We only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback. (You may have to scroll up or down to see the ratings area)
You can always reach me directly with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have other questions.
Here is my website if you need to reach me:
http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/
Thanks for using JustAnswers.com