Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

My husband has bad restless leg syndrome and is under the…

Customer Question
My husband has bad...

My husband has bad restless leg syndrome and is under the regular care of a neurologist. He has been taking one Ropinirole tab 1 MG and one Gabapentin Cap 300 MG per night. His symptoms have continued. He saw his neurologist week and was told that he could try increasing each of the medications to two pills each night to see if the symptoms would improve. Last night he took two of the Gabapentin, and one of the Ropinirole. He also had one small vodka cocktail. He went to bed at 9:30, briefly woke up at 9:00 a.m, had coffee and went back to bed. This has happened two more times as he has tried to wake up. He does not have trouble breathing or any other sort of severe symptom. He just can't wake up. He talks to me, is very coherent, but since we are now going on 16 hours of this, I am concerned. Is this just something he needs to sleep off, or should I contact his doctor and take him to the ER?

Doctor's Assistant: What medications do you take daily? Are you allergic to any medications?

He takes 1 MG Ropinirole tab and 1 300 MG Gabapentin Cap for restless leg syndrome

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Medical
10/1/2017
Doctor: Dr Chip (M.D.), Doctor replied 7 months ago

Hello I'm Dr Chip

Are you saying he wakes up briefly, is coherent, but then goes right back to sleep?

Family Physician, Doctor