Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

Need to make an appointment with doctor who treats groin…

Customer Question
Need to make an...

Need to make an appointment with doctor who treats groin injury which started sometime last year and has not healed. Need to know the options.

Doctor's Assistant: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?

Have not seen a doctor. Any suggestions are all band aid type fix such as pain medicine. Looking for a permanent cure.

Doctor's Assistant: What medications do you take daily? Are you allergic to any medications?

Take medication for blood pressure and inhaler for COPD. As a child I was allergic to sulfa drugs. Would be interested in knowing how football players groin injuries are treated.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Can't think of anything else. Would like to make an appointment with a doctor who specializes in groin injuries.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Medical
10/1/2017
Doctor: DrRussMD, Board Certified Physician replied 8 months ago
DrRussMD, Board Certified Physician

Hi.
Welcome to just answer. I am here to answer questions for education and information. I will respond shortly with an answer, or a question for you

OK, I understand the situation, but what is your exact question for us?

I just want to make an appointment to get an evaluation of my groin injury.
Doctor: Doctor John MD, Board Certified MD replied 8 months ago
Doctor John MD
Doctor John MD, Board Certified MD

This is Dr. John and I will be helping you today.

I will be reviewing your question and will respond shortly.

I may need to ask a few more questions in order to best serve you.

Thank you for your patience.

Answers here are for education and information only.

I'm a primary care sports medicine physician.

How did you injure your groin and what have you done for it so far?

Just turned wrong and it has never healed. Only thing done is ice packs and pain medicine.

was there a lot of bruising in the area as well?

No. The pain is up high where leg goes into torso.

so concern would be that you have an adductor muscle tear

Typically we will will try focused physical therapy for 8 weeks.

If not better, then sometimes surgery is an option

where are you located?

North Richland Hills, Texas

ok, so Dallas-Fort Worth region.

Let me find a list of sports medicine doctors in that area that can help you

Ok

John ***** ***** Hospital in Fort Worth has several primary care sports medicine physicians and they would be able to examine you and help with diagnosis, treatment and management.

https://www.jpshealthnet.org/health_care_services/orthopaedics_and_sports_medicine/jps_primary_care_sports_medicine

Did my response answer your question?

If so, You’re welcome and glad to be able to help you today!

I would like to thank you for your question and I hope you found my answer informative and helpful.

Please remember to leave a rating by clicking the series of 5 stars at the top of the screen.

The experts here at JustAnswer only get credit for the answer once you leave a rating for us.

You can also add a bonus if you were extremely happy with our service today.

You can always return and ask follow up questions if needed.

- Dr John.

I have heard nothing but bad things about this hospital. Is there another sports medicine doctor you can recommend?

yes. hold on a moment...

Dallas and UT Southwestern Medical Center has several primary care sports medicine docs.

Robert Dimeff used to be at the Cleveland Clinic and now is also down in the great Dallas area

http://profiles.utsouthwestern.edu/profile/113190/robert-dimeff.html

I just wanted to check and see if you had any further questions about this.

Sounds like we need a sports medicine doctor and still looking for one in the Ft. Worth area. Prefer not to drive to Dallas.
Dimeff would be worth the drive to see. I know him and he’s a great physician
But if you want someone closer, look on the AMSSM.org website under the “Find-a-Doc” section and you’ll be able to sort by zip code.