Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I have been diagnosed with Shingles. My grandaughter has a…

Customer Question
I have been diagnosed...

I have been diagnosed with Shingles. My grandaughter has a respitory infection. Should I be around her while I have an active rash?

Doctor's Assistant: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?

I have an appointment tomorrow morning.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I have diabetes, I had a heart attack a year ago.

Doctor's Assistant: Do you know if your family has a history of heart disease? In general, how would you describe your health lately?

Pretty good. I exercise daily. I try to eat well.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Medical
10/1/2017
Doctor: Dr. Ravoof, Doctor replied 8 months ago
Dr. Ravoof
Dr. Ravoof, Doctor

Dear customer,

Thank you for the question.

How old is your granddaughter and is she vaccinated against chickenpox?

Dear customer,

Thank you for the question.

Even with the active rash, you can be around her if she has had chickenpox in the past or has been vaccinated against chickenpox. However, if this is not the case then you should avoid being around her.

Take care.

Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.
Please rate the answer with 5-stars, by clicking the 5-stars above with your mouse (or with your finger for a

mobile device).
It will be very generous of you to also consider a bonus.
Thank you!

Dear customer,
Please take a moment and kindly click a positive rating (preferably 5 Star/Excellent) to credit for the time & the effort put by me in answering your health question, and this is the only way I will be credited for my service to you.
Thank you!