Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I’m having pins and needle feeling on the left side of my…

Customer Question
Hello I’m having pins...

Hello I’m having pins and needle feeling on the left side of my abdominal and knees. Just found out I’m pregnant

Doctor's Assistant: What seems to make the symptoms worse or better? Have you noticed any swelling?

No swelling, I don’t know it’s just happening

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I recently had a miscarriage in April and I remember having these same feelings

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Medical
Answered in 1 minute by:
10/1/2017
Doctor: Dr Uzair, Doctor replied 10 months ago
Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor

Hello, my name is***** and I shall be assisting you today. I'm reviewing your query & will get back to you shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Pins and needles on the abdomen and/or the knees is not a sign of an impending miscarriage however, it can be a sign of nerve compression in the lower thoracic to lumbar vertebral areas. I doubt that this will cause a miscarriage but at the same time I also encourage that you see your PCP for an evaluation. A physical examination and a possible referral to a Neurologist will be worthwhile here.

Hope this helps.

Please do leave a positive rating for the service by clicking on the stars on top of the screen.

Best wishes.