Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

CAN YOU GO IN A COMA BY GIVING FENTANYL 25mcg inject

Customer Question
Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Medical
9/30/2017
Doctor: Dr. Scott, Doctor replied 10 months ago
Dr. Scott, Doctor

Hi there,
I am Dr. Scott - it is my pleasure to assist you today.
Please give me a minute to review your question and type up an answer.
Please note that the answer provided is for information purpose only and does not substitute a Doctor - Patient Consultation in Clinic

This would be very unlikely. But let me look through the research.

No. Fentanyl half-life is only 3.5 hrs and can not cause a coma, especially at that low dose.

I hope this helps!
Let me know if you have any additional questions.
We only get credit for positive feedback on customers we help.
Please take a moment to rate my services.
You can continue to ask questions after positive feedback.

I CAN'T TAKE MORPHINE OR OXYCODONE IT INFECT MY BREEDING. INFENTANYL IS STONGER THAN MORPHINE OR OXYCODONE. AT THE HOSPITAL THEY SAID MY LUNG COLLASPED.
CAN INFENTANYL COLLASPED MY LUNG?

I've never heard of this either. Let me look.

This is not a known side effect of fentanyl.

I DON'T KNOW WHY I WENT IN A COMA FOR 4 DAYS. I HAVE TO FINE OUT WHY I DID .I HAVE TO RESEACH MORE IN THE FILES. THANK YOU! AND GOD BLESS YOU!
IS FENTANYL IS A SAME AS MORPHINE AND OXYCODONE?
Doctor: Dr. David, Board Certified Physician replied 10 months ago
Dr. David, Board Certified Physician

This is Dr. David

I see you have asked for another expert.

fentanyl is a very concentrated opiate similar to morphine and oxycodone,

a very small amount is often used to help decrease pain

fentanyl can suppress your breathing and can cause you to go into a sleep.

it is sometimes used along with another medications to help decrease pain and put patients to sleep for surgery.

it is used for cancer patients who have bad pain as well

did you get the fentanyl by a patch or through your vein?