Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

Can I take homeopathic sulfur for scabies? Acute - about 4…

Customer Question
Can I take homeopathic...

Can I take homeopathic sulfur for scabies?

Doctor's Assistant: Is the condition chronic, or acute?

Acute - about 4 weeks visible cots on my husband's skin - different parts of his body.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Husband is 87 years old, active, healthy, not on any prescriptions. Has been using benydry

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Medical
9/30/2017
Doctor: Dr Uzair, Doctor replied 8 months ago
Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor

Hello, my name is***** and I shall be assisting you today. I'm reviewing your query & will get back to you shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Yes, sulfur is a good remedy for the irritation and itching caused by scabies however it will not do much to kill the mite that causes scabies.

So, along with the sulfur I suggest that you use permethrin or any other antiscabies lotion like scabion etc you can find off the shelf in your pharmacy.

He should take a bath with warm water, apply the anti scabies lotion neck down once for 24 hours and then take another bath and repeat application. That is all he needs to do for scabies.

Wash his bed linen and clothes with warm water, dry them in the sun and iron them inside out.

Hope this helps.

Please do leave a positive rating for the service by clicking on the stars on top of the screen.

Best wishes.

Please let me know if you have followup questions.