Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

What is the best way for me to get more collagen in my body.

Customer Question
What is the best...

Doctor's Assistant: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?

No I have not, I am 60yrs old and look 10yrs older than my friends. I know some is genetic, but my wrinkles and crepe skin really bum me out.

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been dealing with the skin issue? Have you noticed any major changes in your overall skin or nails recently?

No, my nails never were nice and I have recently lost about 16lbs which has taken me 4 months, I read want to loose another 15, but I don't want to be a bag of wrinkles

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I was diagnosed with early stage lung cancer when I was 58, they took out a third of my lung and 6 lymph nodes and one was positive so I had to do 4months of chemotherapy and that really suckec.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Medical
9/30/2017
Doctor: DrRussMD, Board Certified Physician replied 10 months ago
DrRussMD, Board Certified Physician

Hi.
Welcome to just answer. I am here to answer questions for education and information. I will respond shortly with an answer, or a question for you

Taking collagen will not incorporate it into your skin.

But I will tell you the best way.

Organic bones, and knuckles from pork, beef, lamb, your choice.

Boil this for several hours in water.

Let cool, put in the fridge over night. Skim of the fat.

What is left will be a gel that is almost pure collegen, flavorful, etc.

No fat.

Use it in cooking in any way you see fit.

That is actually the best way

Cheap, effective, and not a rip off from

wonder supplements that make all sorts of claims to get your dollars.

OK, let me know if you have more questions.

Also, please click a positive rating on the rating scale. [This must be done manually]. In fact, a 5 rating squares me with just answer and allows me to provide prompt and accurate service to you, but does not increase your cost. And, I will be here for any follow up needed.