Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I have been diagnosed several years ago with systemic

Customer Question
I have been diagnosed...

I have been diagnosed several years ago with systemic mastocytosis. I now have very serious tinnitus. extremely hard to deal with. recently saw a doctor for it. he set me up with an appointment with a rheumatologist to see if my mastocytosis maybe related to it. have over a month before ill be seen. any advice. I thought maybe a nutritionist may help. I quit caffeine , soy and wheat products about 1 month ago. looking to keep my sanity. thanks

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been dealing with the ear issue? Have you had any colds or flus recently?

No. on and off for a dew years. mostly off would occur seldom. now its 24/7

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Hen

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Medical
9/30/2017
Doctor: DrRussMD, Board Certified Physician replied 10 months ago
DrRussMD, Board Certified Physician

Hi.
Welcome to just answer. I am here to answer questions for education and information. I will respond shortly with an answer, or a question for you

I understand the situation.

What is your question for us?

Please be specific.

could tinnitus be related to my mastocytosis/ also, I'm at a loss as to what I can eat to make this better. I figure it has to be a low histamine diet. I was hoping for a nutritionist that could help me out also.

What type of doctor diagnosed this, and why are you not being treated?

Or are you?

I do not do phone calls and I did not suggest one. That was site automation.

If you want to wait to see if another expert calls, that is fine.

If you would like to continue here, just let me know.