Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I am having trouble keeping a train of thought, i go to do 1…

Customer Question
I am having trouble...

I am having trouble keeping a train of thought, i go to do 1 thing an forget easily what i was doing.. i have been dianosed adhd.. how can i get a presciption for it with no insurance

Doctor's Assistant: What medications do you take daily? Are you allergic to any medications?

Vitamins only.. with no ins. cant afford to go to doctor ..i am 49yrs. old an it's gettig worse i think

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I have been diagnosed adhd, with some anixety issuses

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Medical
Answered in 1 hour by:
9/30/2017
Doctor: Dr Subbanna MD, Neurologist (MD) replied 7 months ago
Dr Subbanna MD
Dr Subbanna MD, Neurologist (MD)

Hi, I am an American Board Certified Neurologist with vast experience in diagnosing & treating all neurological as well as all other health/medical conditions, and I am very glad to help you with your health concerns.

I am sorry to hear about your health. As a neurologist I frequently diagnose & treat this type of health situation (ADHD/Memory, focus issues & anxiety), and I can certainly help you in this regard.

Please see medication prescriptions cannot be issued online because it is not permitted by the law. A prescription can be issued only by your clinic-drs or by a dr who has seen you in a hospital, urgent care center, or ER (emergency room) etc. I can fully understand your situation, I empathize with you, since you are not having medical insurance you are unable to see a doctor in the clinic which could have helped you in getting a prescription, but as mentioned earlier medication prescriptions cannot be issued online.

You may be already familiar with these; I am just mentioning the names of various prescription medications that can be tried to help with treating adult ADHD;

Dextro-amphetamine

Adderall XR

Lisdexamfetamine

Methylphenidate

Atomoxetine

Clonidine

Guanfacine

Bupropion etc

All of the above require dr prescription, some of the above such as the amphetamine preparations, methylphenidate etc are also controlled substances or scheduled drugs so there are some additional restrictions on prescribing them, but all of the above meds require a valid prescription.

At this web site we provide medical opinions/advises/recommendations etc and as pointed above no website including this one is legally authorized to give prescriptions, and if prescriptions are issued by doctors working for any website then it is strictly considered as illegal.

There are certain non-prescription treatment options too that can be tried to help adhd, are you familiar with them? Have you used any such non-prescription treatments already?

If you want to discuss your health situation further or if you want to try the non-prescription treatment options then please let me know and I am available here to assist you further.

Wishing you the best health!

Assuring you the best services!

Best Regards!

Dr Subbanna MD

Family Physician, Doctor