Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

My wife has under gone breast cancer treatment three years…

Customer Question
My wife has under...

My wife has under gone breast cancer treatment three years now, ever since she completed her breadth implant we noticed a black spot on the cleavage area and now over three years it has spread and now even on the implanted breadt skin.

Doctor's Assistant: Are you keeping a personal medical record while dealing with this?

Yes of course

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Well she was dioganised with stage two breast cancer and her right breadt was replaced with the implanted one only the outer sling was retained. After the operation we noticed the black spot and we referred to couple of dermitologist but it's still spreading

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Medical
9/30/2017
Doctor: Dr. David, Board Certified Physician replied 10 months ago
Dr. David, Board Certified Physician

Hello, this is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

what treatments did she get for her breast cancer? chemotherapy? radiation therapy?

can you upload a clear jpg photo of this black spot which is spreading?

do you see the "add file" link where you can upload a photo?

She had taken six chemotherapy.picture is uploaded kindly reply

thank you for the photos

she should get a skin biopsy of that area

that looks like Postinflammatory pigmentation which is also called acquired melanosis.

the skin there could have had prior inflammation from fungal skin infection or from prior surgery or chemotherapy.

Let me know if you have other questions.
If done for now, please leave Positive Rating of 5 stars so I can get credit for helping you today.
We only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback. (You may have to scroll up or down to see the ratings area)
You can always reach me directly with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have other questions.
Here is my website if you need to reach me:
http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/
Thanks for using JustAnswers.com