Medical

Have Medical Questions? Ask a Doctor Online!

Ask a Doctor,

Medical

I have been getting bad side effects from Tamsulosin so I

stopped taking it 5 weeks...
I have been getting bad side effects from Tamsulosin so I stopped taking it 5 weeks ago but I am still having the symptoms ( headaches nausea etc ) after 5 weeks should they have gone by now or can it take longer
JA: Is the headache episodic or daily? And what about nausea?
Customer: Both every single day plus breathlessness
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: Af for a few years now, and I have stopped taking medication with the agreement of my heart cosultant I am just on Sertraline and flecainide now
Answered in 1 hour by:
9/29/2017
Ross
Ross, Doctor

hell Im Dr Ross Im A Urologist I will try to help, THe half life of the medication it should be gone, those are not common side effects. When did you take it usually.

ha can occur in 1 in 5 but with a 15hr half life it would be totally out of the system

the drug is metabolized by the liver so there should not be drug interactions so i think you need to look elsewhere for the cause

I took the Tamsulosin with a light breakfast about 8am in the morning

thats, good supposed to be after a meal, less food may cause more peak effects less duration

like i said the pharmacology of the medication would not last that long, i hope that helped.

Thank you for your help
I'm not getting anywhere with my doctor I have had all the usual blood tests and scans including eyes and ear checks.
I lost my wife 18 months ago, after many years of illness due to kidney failure & failed transplant
maybe it's stress / anxiety

good luck but as i said it is not the tamulosin, sorry to hear of your loss, ratings appreciated

Ross
Ross, Doctor
Ross
Ross
Ross, Doctor