Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

This past week my left chest has been feeling pressure and…

Customer Question
This past week my...

This past week my left chest has been feeling pressure and noticed my left hand and arm was feeling numb and tingly. My left back side was feeling tender and I'd tell my husband to rub that certain area to relieve the pain. When I take a deep breath I'd feel uncomfortable from my back and left chest area. I get scared to fall asleep because my left hand would tingle. I also noticed at times my heart would feel a little different. I had a chest X-ray and ekg and they told me my heart was fine. People say I may have carpal tunnel. It's been a week and the feeling hasn't gone away. I'm just really scared somthing is much more wrong than it seems.

Doctor's Assistant: Do you know if your family has a history of heart disease? In general, how would you describe your health lately?

My dad has had heart attacks due to smoking. I've had 5 kids recently twins of 6months. I've had gastritis for about over 2 years and been diagnosed with gerd and ibs. I've started taking 90 billion probiotics because my stomach would hurt so bad and taken Pepcid ac for over a year. I started taking vitamins as well. I changed my diet and stop eating red meat. I started the gerd diet. Everything is getting better with my stomach and now this is happening with my left side and it scares me.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I've had a panic attack last April because my son broke is elbow and it scared me I couldn't sleep and woke up with a panic.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Medical
9/29/2017
Doctor: DrRussMD, Board Certified Physician replied 10 months ago
DrRussMD, Board Certified Physician

Hi.
Welcome to just answer. I am here to answer questions for education and information. I will respond shortly with an answer, or a question for you

OK

I understand.

So what is your exact question about your symptoms?

OKI understand.So what is your exact question about your symptoms?