Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I woke up in a hospice about 2 weeks ago I am home now I…

Customer Question
Hello I woke up...

Hello I woke up in a hospice about 2 weeks ago I am home now I spent several days in ICU

Doctor's Assistant: What are all the symptoms you're experiencing (e.g. loss of appetite, fever, rash)?

No rash I have had itching on my forearms shins top of my feet and between by anus and the base of my spine

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Epileptic head injury

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been dealing with this? Is there anything in particular that makes your head feel worse or better?

Rubbing alcohol and mouth wash seem to work for a short period of time I think that they may have neglected keeping me clean but I don't know

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Medical
Answered in 1 hour by:
9/29/2017
Doctor: DrRussMD, Board Certified Physician replied 7 months ago
DrRussMD, Board Certified Physician

Hi.
Welcome to just answer. I am here to answer questions for education and information. I will respond shortly with an answer, or a question for you

I am not sure what your question is

Are you asking why you might have itching without a rash?

I do not know why. I would very much like to get rid of this. When I woke up at the hospice I had this itching, and I would only continue with silly complaining if I continue describing the problem.I have Nystatin and Triamcinolone. I am not sure if this would be effective. I am also unsure if it is safe to use around my anal orifice. An itch without a rash seemed to confuse the pharmacist and I can not see my doctor for 2 and a half weeks.

OK, this is an extensive answer, so hang on a little, be right back

Itching without a rash has many potential causes, and is actually a sign of systemic disease in many cases.

Iron deficiency: this can happen after being in the hospital. Or from any bleeding, or malnutrition.

Blood disease: polycythemia vera: too many red cells.

Allergy

Parasites

Hidden infection or malignancy.

B vitamin deficiencies.

Heavy metal toxicity.

Liver or kidney disease or inflammation.

Other problems.

This is a reason to go right to your primary care for all routine labs, urinalysis, and perhaps other testing.

OK, let me know if you have more questions.

Also, please click a positive rating on the rating scale. [This must be done manually]. In fact, a 5 rating squares me with just answer and allows me to provide prompt and accurate service to you, but does not increase your cost. And, I will be here for any follow up needed.

DrRussMD, Board Certified Physician