Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I have monocytes 15,4 % and diarrhea 6th day, started to…

Customer Question
Hi, I have monocytes...

Hi, I have monocytes 15,4 % and diarrhea 6th day, started to take antibiotics while on holidays in Bali - is that number still ok or shall I be worried please? :( thank you!

Doctor's Assistant: What are all the symptoms you're experiencing (e.g. loss of appetite, fever, rash)?

All of them

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Not really, no

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Medical
Answered in 1 hour by:
9/29/2017
Doctor: Richard Han, Board Certified MD replied 10 months ago
Richard Han
Richard Han, Board Certified MD
Hello my name is***** am a board-certified physician and I am happy to help you. A monocyte level of 15,4% is slightly elevated but no particular cause for concern. (Normal range of about 0-13%) Monocytes typically rise during a viral infection. Your antibiotics will cover possible bacteria that may be causing your 6 days of diarrhea.Do you have any other questions or concerns I can help with?
Doctor: Dr. David, Board Certified Physician replied 10 months ago
Dr. David, Board Certified Physician

This is Dr. David

I am not worried about your percent of monocytes at 15.4%.

this is not dangerous and doesn't point to medical problems.

make sure you take your antibiotics with food in your stomach

and make sure you drink plenty of water to prevent dehydration.

I hope your diarrhea symptoms get better

Let me know if you have other questions.
If done for now, please leave Positive Rating of 5 stars so I can get credit for helping you today.
We only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback. (You may have to scroll up or down to see the ratings area)
You can always reach me directly with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have other questions.
Here is my website if you need to reach me:
http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/
Thanks for using JustAnswers.com