Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

My girlfriend has constant pain in her legs. Also, its to…

Customer Question
Good morning, my girlfriend...

Good morning, my girlfriend has constant pain in her legs. Also, its to the point that she feels practically paralyzed and cannot move them. We are admitting her to the hospital, but I've never heard of something like this w/o a spine injury. On top of that she does have RA and Lupus. I feel so bad for her and the pain she's in. Now she cant walk or move her legs. Thoughts on what could be going on?

Doctor's Assistant: What seems to make the symptoms worse or better? Any redness or swelling in the leg?

Shes not very active. She has good and bad days, but this is the most extreme i've ever seen. No swelling. Nothing I can point to as far as things that make the symptoms fluctuate.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Recently had a child. 3 mos.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Medical
9/29/2017
Doctor: Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor replied 10 months ago

Welcome to Just Answer.
Answers here are for education and information.
I will respond shortly with an answer, or further information request.

There are couple of the possibilities;

1) Spinal cord disease. An MRI would diagnose it. Occasionally a magnetic resonance angiography (MRA) may be necessary for looking at the infarcts.

2) Neuropathy which is not common with autoimmune disease like rheumatoid and lupus.

A skin and nerve biopsy may be able to diagnose it.

Medications or B 12 deficiency also can cause it.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

Was this information helpful to you? I would be glad to answer any further questions.

It is privilege assisting you.

Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.

Please consider a positive 5 star rating if this interaction has been satisfactory, as this is the only way we experts are credited and compensated for the time and work. You are not charged again for giving a rating.

The rating button is on the left upper side of this thread.

Thank you.

Wishing you all the very best in life.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-rate-answer-hl