Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

Does ma Does Mayo Clinic diagnose and treat anxiety

Customer Question
Does ma Does Mayo...

Does ma Does Mayo Clinic diagnose and treat anxiety disorders

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been dealing with this? Is there anything in particular that seems to make the symptoms better or worse?

My grandson who is 17 has dealt with not being able to attend his high school classes his sophomore and junior year. He was an excellent student and all of a sudden school stress became to much.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

He is seeing a child phychologist and he is on anxiety meds.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Medical
9/28/2017
Doctor: DrRussMD, Board Certified Physician replied 8 months ago
DrRussMD, Board Certified Physician

Hi.
Welcome to just answer. I am here to answer questions for education and information. I will respond shortly with an answer, or a question for you

Of course, the Mayo clinic does diagnose and treat anxiety disorders.

What is your question exactly?

The sound on my computer is not working. Can I come back to this conversation when I can get my husband to fix it.?

You do not have to have sound , as I am only going to type an answer to your question, whatever that is.

But you can come back anytime.

What are some ways to help him overcome his fear of attending class. He is behind now because it has been almost 3 weeks of intermittent attendance. He has a 504 from last year and he has an at risk teacher who he likes very much. But his attending his classes is a real negative for him.
The principal wants to have him off the attendance roster so he doesn't hurt their graduation percentages.

What is his actual diagnosis?

anxiety attacks

Do you mean panic disorder?

Generalized anxiety disorder?

Does he have a psychiatrist?

What medication is he on exactly?