Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I am 51 yo. I have left chest pain, which my Dr. continues…

Customer Question
Second opinion] I am...

Second opinion] I am 51 yo. I have left chest pain, which my Dr. continues to label as costochondritis. However, there is no swelling or redness, no trouble breathing, no pain to the touch. I have had HBP issues and palpitations for the past 4-6 months. I had an Echo done, and it showed left ventricle inflammation, and inflammation of septum. Nothing severe. Can the LV issue cause continual chest pain?

Doctor's Assistant: Have you ever dealt with this before? Are you having any shortness of breath?

I have had chest pain like this for years. No short of breath

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I am overweight (5'9" 214), and I have a fatty liver, just hit menopause. Could thyroid or hormones be the problem?

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Medical
Answered in 5 days by:
10/4/2017
Doctor: Vakul Aren, Doctor replied 7 months ago
Vakul Aren
Vakul Aren, Doctor

Hello,I am Dr. Aren and I will help with your query.The majority of the patients with chest wall pain not having Coronary Artery Disease (CAD) usually have musculo-skeletal disorders as the cause of the pain.It may be a muscle tear,a ligament or tendon strain or an old injury which may be at the root cause.The rib cage and the intercostal muscles never get to rest,hence the recovery is also very slow or may lead to a chronic cause of pain.Use of NSAIDs and anti-inflammatory drugs like Ibubrufen and muscle relaxants like Thiocolchicide should probably he;lp with the pain.ruling out any cardiac and lung causes of the pain would be prudent.

Vakul Aren
Vakul Aren
Vakul Aren, Doctor