Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

About 5 years ago I was DX with Hepatitis A. My liver

Customer Question
Hello... About 5 years...

Hello... About 5 years ago I was DX with Hepatitis A. My liver enzymes at that point and time were abnormal. My liver enzymes refuse to go back into a normal range. They have checked me for fatty liver and other test. They come back normal. My last lab work was about 6 weeks ago and they were elevated more than ever. Also! my bilirubin was high. They have never come back high. At a loss at whats happening and can't seem to get any answers. Thank you

Doctor's Assistant: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?

Yes, I have been seeing doctors ever since I was dx 5 years ago. I am taking Natu-Thyroid, protonix, low mg of Xanax at night, low mg phenegan at night, 81 mg aspirin each day and Atenanol.

Doctor's Assistant: What medications do you take daily? Are you allergic to any medications?

The medications that I just sent you is what I am taking daily. I am allergic to Penicillin and do not do well with morphine. I have never been a drinker in my life. I never take pain pills even if I need them.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I have high cholesterol and sometimes triglycerides. I have had 4 TIA's with no residual outcome. I do take prevacol 40 mg for high cholesterol.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Medical
9/28/2017
Doctor: DrRussMD, Board Certified Physician replied 7 months ago
DrRussMD, Board Certified Physician

Hi.
Welcome to just answer. I am here to answer questions for education and information. I will respond shortly with an answer, or a question for you

No this is not from the hepatitis A

It can be a medication side effects.

What type of doctor has evaluated this?

Family Physician, Doctor