Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

Lower right side, sharp pain, lasting 3 seconds, 11/2 sec, 2…

Customer Question
Lower right side, sharp...

Lower right side, sharp pain, lasting 3 seconds, 11/2 sec, 2 days later once 5 sec

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you had the pain? What seems to make the pain better or worse?

Two days ago first time

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Had stint inserted in bladder 9/15/2017

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Medical
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/28/2017
Doctor: Dr.Saleem, Doctor replied 10 months ago
Dr.Saleem
Dr.Saleem, Doctor

Hello and welcome to JA. Dr Saleem here. Will be answering you shortly

Any pain in urination ? It could be due to small stone or concretion that might have been obstructing the urine flow. If it has already settled then most likely it would have passed out with the urine.

Are you feeling better now or still getting these pains?

urination is not a problem. pain is surprise
i have no pain now but when it happens it is very sharp and hard

Well the duration of pain is actually too transient so it doesnt sound anything alarming or serious. It could just be a muscle twitch in your gut wall or a small stone in your urine ducts. Drink good amount of water , watchful waiting is the way to go. If at all you may take anti spasm medication like hyoscyamine and see how it goes.

No aggressive approach required at present however.

Let me know if you have any further queries

Only if it becomes more persistent , more severe or its accompanied with tenderness, nausea, vomiting or fever is when you need to seek help from your doctor / ER for ruling out anything more urgent like an inflammed appendix. Right now it doesnt sound like that

hope it was useful.

Let me know if you have any further queries.

Please reward credit for the consult by clicking 5 stars in rating corner of your page if you are satisfied.

Wishing you a healthy life.

Kind regards