Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I am 20 years old, and through years of masturbation without…

Customer Question
Hello I am 20...

Hello I am 20 years old, and through years of masturbation without lubrication I have lost feeling in most of my penis

Doctor's Assistant: Is this your first time reaching out for information about this?

Yes

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Asthma that's it

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Medical
9/28/2017
Doctor: Dr. Mo, Board Certified MD replied 10 months ago
Dr. Mo
Dr. Mo, Board Certified MD

Hi, Dr. Mo here with JA. Please let me review the information and I'll reply shortly.

What question do you have for me that I can address for you?

Hello I am 20 years old, and through years of masturbation without lubrication I have lost feeling in most of my penis is there a surgery I can get to restore it

You don't need surgery to resolve it. The lack of sensation goes back to normal on its own. That's how the sensation in the penis works. If you stop masturbating then it always returns. There are no cases in medicine where it hasn't returned. Surgery wouldn't be needed for it.

I haven't masturbated in a month and I notice no change how long do I have to wait

It depends how long the numbness been there for. If it's been there for a few weeks then it'll take a few months for the nerve to heal back up. But if the numbness has been there for a few months then it can take 1-2 years for the nerve sensation to fully return back to normal.

Is there a way I can get surgery to speed up the process because I just noticed the problem but is been going on for years.