Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I have pain above around and below left nipple. I am male…

Customer Question
I have pain above...

I have pain above around and below left nipple. I am male 48. I have been to the doctor twice who advises no rash lump or discharge. it is very painful and has been for 3 weeks, should I be worried?

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you had the lump? Is it hard or soft?

No lump just the area painful.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

No. my mother has MS no other conditions in the family.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Medical
9/28/2017
Doctor: Dr. Mo, Board Certified MD replied 7 months ago
Dr. Mo
Dr. Mo, Board Certified MD

Hi, Dr. Mo here with JA. Please let me review the information and I'll reply shortly.

Is it constant or does it come and go?

constant

If it has been constant then you definitely should get imaging of that area, we often do a mammogram for men or an MRI.

Please let me know if you need me to clarify anything.

do you think there is a serious problem?
could it be nothing much
?

I doubt it's anything serious, it could be a persistent muscle spasm or inflammation of the cartilage but I would still get it worked up to make sure we're not missing anything.

Dr. Mo
Dr. Mo
Dr. Mo, Board Certified MD