Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

How long can a patient live with Bronchietasis? and is

Customer Question
How long can a...

How long can a patient live with Bronchietasis? and is honeycombing at the end stage?

Doctor's Assistant: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?

Yes i have. Like 20 doctors. They tell me nothing, unless I bring up an issue or question. I have Bronchietasis, Pulmonary Fibrosis, and fighting a Pulmonary MACi infection. Everything I learned about the disease I found out on my own, my doctors just show me the results of Xrays, CT scans, and blood work. Never a this is what to expect or we will try this. They scare me more than the disease! Ifeel like I am pulling teeth to get a response out of them.

Doctor's Assistant: Have you noticed any swelling in the gums? When was your last visit to the dentist?

No swelling in my gums. I just made a dentist appointment for October. I have been in and out of the hospital with pneumonia and 3weeks ago they were not able to identify my problem. They put me on some sttrong antibiotics. I was reading one of my test results online and it meantioned honeycombing. I read an article about a patient that had this at the end of his disease. How long does a patient have to live from the start of this honeycombing??

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I am currently on 4 antibiotics for the Pulmonary MAC infection, doing the Amikacin thru the nebulizer., Prednisone, Zofran, Protonixs, vitamins, and feeding tube. I always had a difficult time trying to gain weight.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Medical
9/28/2017
Doctor: Dr. Gupta, Doctor replied 8 months ago
Dr. Gupta
Dr. Gupta, Doctor

Welcome to just answer. Could you give me some more information regarding your question, so that I am able to answer better -

- Since when are you suffering from Bronchiectasis?

- what are your main symptoms at present?

- what medicines are you taking?

- do you get frequent infections? if yes, how frequent in an year?

- are you a smoker?

- how are you in your daily activity? any symptoms while normal walling or any strenuous work?

Regards