Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

Low mch level

Customer Question
Low mch level
Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Medical
9/28/2017
Doctor: Richard Han, Board Certified MD replied 10 months ago
Richard Han
Richard Han, Board Certified MD
Hello my name is***** am a board-certified physician and I am happy to help you. Do you have the rest of your blood test results? Can you attach a picture copy? And what was the original reason for blood testing? (Sickness? Healthy screening?)
Doctor: Dr. SH, Board Certified Physician replied 10 months ago
Dr. SH
Dr. SH, Board Certified Physician

Low MCH is most commonly due to low iron.

Have you had your iron levels tested?

Please let me know.

Haemoglobin was 130

Haemoglobin is good but even with a normal haemoglobin one can have a low MCH due to low iron.

I would suggest that you should go to your GP and get an iron profile done.

Rdw is 15

Have you had your iron profile?

Cant see it in tests

I think that you need your iron profile done as well.

You can go to your GP and request it.

Let me know if you have more questions.

Please rate me by clicking on one of the rating options.