Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

About a month ago I had a bad viral/upper respiratory/lung…

Customer Question
About a month ago...

About a month ago I had a bad viral/upper respiratory/lung infection treated with prednisone and a Zpack. I've been over it for about two weeks but every day late afternoon/early evening my temp goes up to between 99.4 and 99.9, one day it went up to 100. Just enough to give me a headache and chills. Any thoughts? Should I go back to my doc?

Doctor's Assistant: Is the headache episodic or daily? And what about nausea?

The headache arrives with the fever, as do body aches no nausea

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Well - last January I had an operation to open my stomach permanently because I was diagnosed with achalasia. I suppose it's possible this is post surgical but it seems like a long time. Plus I have arthritis and have been getting dizzy when I lay down at night.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Medical
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/28/2017
Doctor: Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor replied 8 months ago
Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor

Hi, this is Dr Phil, here to assist you. I am Board Certified with over 10 years of experience. I will respond with my answer shortly. Thank you.

how old are you?

any other medical issues?

69 y.o. arthritis, allergies to aspergillis and tree mold, occasional allergy-related asthma
Family Physician, Doctor