Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I have been having floating stools but it doesnt look greasy…

Customer Question
Hi i have been...

Hi i have been having floating stools but it doesnt look greasy when i tested using a plastic spoon. I started having it on Sep 13th for five days straight bowel in the morning. Then it subsided and had bowel about 2-3 days in between. Colour of the stool was dark brown some days the stench was foul, but sometimes not. Here are some background of me:

Doctor's Assistant: What are all the symptoms you're experiencing (e.g. loss of appetite, fever, rash)?

Good appetite, inability to gain weight even though i eat a balanced meal. Im breastfeeding two babies. Change of diet: last month i was warded to the hospital for starvation ketoacidosis. So there is a diet change there. I have stress, anxiety with heart palpitations usually when i feel nervous then i will want to pass motion

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been dealing with this? Is there anything in particular that seems to make the symptoms better or worse?

Since Sep 13th

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

On some days i experienced moodiness, feeling heaty, fatigue. But some days i feel ok. Elevated cholestrol levels and uric acid when i tested on Sep 14 using basic kit. However my im feeling better when i started consuming black cumin seed oil. I am starting to see improvement on mood, no heatiness overall, palpitations has reduced. Only main concern is my floating stool in the morning and inability to gain weight (my body looked so thin after passing motion) although troughout the day when i eat, my body will feel heavier n fleshy. This made me fear to wake up in the morning sensing i will have lost all the fats especially when i pass motion

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Medical
9/27/2017
Doctor: Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor replied 7 months ago
Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor

Hi, this is Dr Phil, here to assist you. I am Board Certified with over 10 years of experience. I will respond with my answer shortly. Thank you.

still need help?

sure please proceed

how old are you?

any medical issues?

33 years old
No

it sounds like severe IBS

have you had a colonoscopy?

tests for celiac?

I have not done any tests so far

Ok that would be the appropriate testing

1)stool tests for infection

2)colonoscopy

3)blood tests for celiac

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave a 5 star rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you can always reach me with "a question for Dr. Phil" in the medicine, cardiology or pharmacy categories if you have any other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me again:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-irondoc/

Thanks for the recommendation

welcome :)

Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor