Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I'm having a very hard time quitting adderall. And they keep…

Hi I'm having a...

Hi I'm having a very hard time quitting adderall

Doctor's Assistant: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?

Yes and they keep prescribing me adderall

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I took tofranil when I was a kid. Prozac in college. Adderall after college. Wellbutrin and Strattera to try and replace adderall. Now back on adderall. I cannot function at work without it

9/27/2017
Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor

Hi, this is Dr Phil, here to assist you. I am Board Certified with over 10 years of experience. I will respond with my answer shortly. Thank you.

how can I help?

Hi I'm having a very hard time quitting adderall. I took tofranil when I was a kid. Prozac in college. Adderall after college. Wellbutrin and Strattera to try and replace adderall. Now I'm back on adderall. I cannot function at work without it and have horrible mood swings when trying to quit. I've gone 2 weeks without it (on vacation), but I was in a mentally comotose type state. I'm curious if there are other medications I should consider, or what the best course of action might be for me to function normally without adderall?

what about concerta or vyvanse?

maybe you need the adderall?

I haven't tried those. I might need something, but I'd prefer to avoid stimulants in the long run. I can see if I can get a prescription for that. I'm in between doctors now

You might be able to use the concerta as a bridge to something like strattera.

Like take concerta for a wihle then on to strattera.

that might be an option

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave a 5 star rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you can always reach me with "a question for Dr. Phil" in the medicine, cardiology or pharmacy categories if you have any other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me again:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-irondoc/

Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor
Ok thank you

welcome :)