Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

Why does it feel like I have a cut in the anus, but there is…

Customer Question
Why does it feel like...
Why does it feel like I have a cut in the anus, but there is no blood that comes out?
Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Medical
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/27/2017
Doctor: Dr.Saleem, Doctor replied 10 months ago
Dr.Saleem
Dr.Saleem, Doctor

Hello and welcome to JA. Dr Saleem here. Will be answering you shortly

Can you describe your symptoms please ?

Its possible to get a cut there but no or minimal blood on tissue paper while wiping it after passing stool . It usually causes pain on defecating.

Managed with pain relief like tylenol, ibuorofen .

Lignoacaine topical application numbs the pain too.

Good anal hygiene is essential preferably with Sitz bath ( you will need to see it on Youtube for doing it).

Avoid constipation by using stool softeners like miralax, psylium etc.

It usually heals on its on with these measures in a couple of weeks time.

Let me know if you have any further queries

I’ve had a lot of diarrhea too though

Yes that could have a part too. You need to exercise above measures ,this should help.

Above measures?
Ok

Yes as already mentioned.

I hope it helps.

Please reward credit for the consult by clicking 5 stars in rating corner of your page.

Wishing you a healthy life.

Regards

Is there a reason for so much diarrhea?

For how long have you been having this? How many times a day?

Well it’s usually only once or twice a day, but it is a diarrhea like or small stool thing.

For how long?

It’s off and on. Sometimes the stools are solid, but sometimes they are diarrhea like.

Ok it could be Irritable bowel syndrome. Do you get gas or bloating too ?

Cramps?

Sometimes.
Not really cramps.

Ok you need to manage the diarrhea with imodium and get a stool microscopy test done to look for any chronic infection . It seems more like IBS but one has to rule out other causes to label that which needs few tests. But sometimes its better to take appropriate treatment rather then too many investigations ,if it isnt too bothering.

Factors like stress and food allergies do play a part.

I get a stool microscopy at the doctors office?
I have been under a lot of stress too. Do you think that could affect the stools too?

Yes definitely it does affect your bowel movements. Yes you can ask your doctor for that.

Does alcohol affect the stools too? I drink maybe once a week, but sometimes I drink a few too many. Cam that affect the stools too?

Yes longterm alcohol use can lead to altered bowel habits. These are triggers or risk factors for bowel disturbance

Omg.
Should I not drink anymore? Can it have lasting effects?

Yes it can have. You need to be moderate in alcohol consumption

Well I don’t drink that much anymore, but when I was in my 20’s I drank a lot. If I don’t drink anymore will the problems go away or will they always be present.

These will settle now if you quit . Longterm alcohol consumption is a risk factor for many diseases so you need to be careful. Your bowels will improve too.

I hope it answered your query.

Please remember to reward credit for the consult by clicking 5 stars in rating corner of your page.

Wish you all the best.

Regards

Hello, i hope you are great.

Its requested to please reward credit for the consult by clicking 5 stars in rating corner of your page if you are satisfied.

Thanks for your time.

Wishing you a healthy life.

Kind regards