Medical

Have Medical Questions? Ask a Doctor Online!

Ask a Doctor,

Medical

I occasionally get yeast infections - and I'd like to avoid

Customer Question
I occasionally get yeast infections...
I occasionally get yeast infections - and I'd like to avoid doctor visits every time I need a fluconazole tablet. Is it safe to take the fluconazole for pets?
JA: What are all the symptoms you're experiencing (e.g. loss of appetite, fever, rash)?
Customer: Urgency and burning....
JA: How long have you been dealing with the burning? Are you experiencing any other discomfort?
Customer: Hours....literally....I respond quickly to the fluconazole 150 tablets.... as in an hour all symptoms are gone...
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: Nothing.... Other than having an occasional yeast infection - I need no other meds.
Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Medical
9/27/2017
Doctor: Dr Chip (M.D.), Doctor replied 1 month ago

Hello I'm Dr Chip

What's the dosage of the fluconazole tablets you have?

Family Physician, Doctor