Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I have swelling in my feet and ankles and in my hands in the…

Customer Question
I have swelling in...

I have swelling in my feet and ankles and in my hands in the mornings when I get up and it goes down somewhat during the day but still not not going down all altogether

Doctor's Assistant: What seems to make the symptoms worse or better? In general, how would you describe your health lately?

I think I'm in fairly decent shape hey Heather been diagnosed with Parkinson's about year and a half ago but that's the only healthy sure that I have

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

No not that I can think of everything seems to be going OK I'm on some medicine for my blood pressure it's been a little high but I've is in under control for the last for five years

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Medical
9/27/2017
Doctor: Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor replied 10 months ago

Welcome to Just Answer.
Answers here are for education and information.
I will respond shortly with an answer, or further information request.

What is your age?

What are your blood pressure and Parkinson medicines?

Swelling of feet and ankle on both the sides can be associated because of the following reasons;

1) Venous valvular incompetence

2) Obstruction of the lymphatic outflow

3) Dependent edema which can occur because of the prolonged standing or sitting.

4) Congestive heart failure

5) Kidney diseases

6) Protein deficiency

7) Hypothyroidism

8) Anemia

9) Medications

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

Was this information helpful to you? I would be glad to answer any further questions.

It is privilege assisting you. Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.Please consider a positive 5 star rating if this interaction has been satisfactory, as this is the only way we experts are credited and compensated for the time and work. You are not charged again for giving a rating. The rating button is on the left upper side of this thread.Thank you.Wishing you all the very best in life.http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-rate-answer-hl