Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

This is gross but I have a very intense pain, pretty

Customer Question
This is gross but...

This is gross but I have a very intense pain, pretty crippling actually right before I have a bowel movement. It used to be occasional but has been every time since I found out I was pregnant 4 weeks ago.

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you had the pain? What seems to make the pain better or worse?

It's only right before I have a bowel movement. Like it is passing an inflamed area. But is gone within 30 seconds once it passes. I have been experiencing it for a few years just not that often until recently

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I have discoid lupus but not sure that has anything to do with it

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Medical
I also experience pain in a certain spot/depth during intercourse
9/27/2017
Doctor: Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor replied 10 months ago

Welcome to Just Answer.
Answers here are for education and information.
I will respond shortly with an answer, or further information request.

This is due to pelvic floor dysfunction like levator ani syndrome. Since you are pregnant, investigation would not be possible. You need physical therapy for the treatment.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

The pain is not in my rectum. It occurs before it reached that point

Pelvic floor dysfunction causes pain in perineum during or before bowel passage or intercourse.

Thank you

The pelvic pain can come from any or combination of following;

1) reproductive tract,

2) gastrointestinal system,

3) urological organs,

4) musculoskeletal system, and

5) psychoneurological system.

Following investigations are recommended;

1) defecography,

2) pelvic MRI

3) nerve-conducting velocities and needle-electromyographic studies are used to help evaluate compression or entrapment neuropathy and pelvic floor function.

The treatment is following;

1) electrogalvanic stimulation,

2) biofeedback training,

3) digital massage of the levator ani muscles

4) sacral nerve stimulation

5) physical therapy for the pelvic floor muscles

It is privilege assisting you.

Was this information helpful to you? I would be glad to answer any further questions.

It is privilege assisting you. Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.Please consider a positive 5 star rating if this interaction has been satisfactory, as this is the only way we experts are credited and compensated for the time and work. You are not charged again for giving a rating. The rating button is on the left upper side of this thread.Thank you.Wishing you all the very best in life.http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-rate-answer-hl