Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I went to hospital for a terrible reaction to a cortisone…

I went to hospital for...
I went to hospital for a terrible reaction to a cortisone shot. I developed widespread neuritis. My neut% was high (80.8) and my potassium was low. Could this mean anything? Ever see a reaction like this?
Answered in 1 hour by:
9/27/2017
Dr. Ravoof
Dr. Ravoof, Doctor

Dear customer,

Thank you for the question.

This adverse reaction can occur rarely after a cortisone shot. Also after the cortisone shot, the neutrophil percentage may increase. This adverse reaction may take a week or more for it to subside and you will gradually feel better and your symptoms will subside and resolve.

Take care.

Please rate the answer with 5-stars, by clicking the 5-stars above with your mouse (or with your finger for a mobile device).
It will be very generous of you to also consider a bonus.
Thank you!

Dear customer,
Were you able to read my answer?
Did I answer your question? Please reply.
Thank you.

Will these widespread pins and needles go away? Its been almost 2 weeks.

Dear customer,

Thank you for replying.

These symptoms will most certainly go away but may take a maximum duration of 4 to 6 weeks for them to completely resolve.

Take care.

Thank you!

Dear customer,
Please take a moment and kindly click a positive rating (preferably 5 Star/Excellent) to credit for the time & the effort put by me in answering your health question, and this is the only way I will be credited for my service to you.

Dr. Ravoof
Dr. Ravoof, Doctor