Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I have been experiencing lots of bloating, gas and stomach…

Customer Question
I have been experiencing...

I have been experiencing lots of bloating, gas and stomach pain followed by diahrea for the past couple weeks. I also have muscle aches. this weekend I have been extremely tired and today I have a lot of lower back pain. My stomach hurts ever time I eat.

Doctor's Assistant: Have you had any recent injuries? What seems to make the pain better or worse?

No

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Have a history of kidney stones but doesn't feel like that

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Medical
9/26/2017
Doctor: Dr Chip (M.D.), Doctor replied 10 months ago

Hello I'm Dr Chip

Sorry to hear about all this

How exactly can I help you?

Just wondering what your thoughts are about what is going on with me
I don't want to do the call

The phone call offer wasn't from me and you don't have to accept it

But a few questions--

Any fever?

Can you tell me more about the stomach pain?

I don't think I have a fever but I get chills and sweats. Stomach pain is after I eat it is really crampy till I go to the bathroom

OK

While this could be a viral gastroenteritis that usually runs its course in about a week

You might also have an H pylori bacterial stomach infection

At this point you could try oral probiotics and a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar in a glass of water twice a day but you really need to see your doctor for an exam, blood work, and a stool sample to check for the H pylori as well as for E coli, salmonella and C diff since you might need a course of oral antibiotics

Please let me know if you need any more information