Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I woke up yesterday with a dent about an inch long along my…

Customer Question
Hi I woke up...

Hi I woke up yesterday with a dent about an inch long along my hair line close to right temple. It doesn’t hurt but it does feel tender. Today

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you had the pain? What seems to make the pain better or worse?

No pain just tenderness. But that dent was not there before.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Today I see see the vein dark green on my right temple leading directly to the dent on my hairline

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Medical
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/26/2017
Doctor: Dr Chip (M.D.), Doctor replied 10 months ago

Hello I'm Dr Chip

Could you please post a photo for me on this page?

Where the ring and middle finger are is where the dent is located

Got it--thanks

What you've got there is a small cyst that's making things seem dented

Nothing too serious but if it's at all tender it may be getting infected so I suggest you have your doctor take a look to see if you might need a course of antibiotics

Please let me know if you need any more information

A cyst? Inside ?
Because nothing like a cyst is present outside the skin.
I got blood work back that I have ANA present in my blood. Would that have something to do with this ?

Actually yes--not actually protruding out of the area but deeper inside

But this wouldn't be related to your ANA test

What is this typically related to ?

Just a blocked oil gland--nothing serious

What can I do to cure it?

You can try some topical RetinA or Retinol cream twice a day for a week