Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I gave oral sex and swallowed there semen can I get

Customer Question
I gave oral sex...

I gave oral sex and swallowed there semen can I get hepatitis b and hiv from this if so how plausible

Doctor's Assistant: Is this your first time reaching out for information about this? In general, how would you describe your overall health?

Normally good but for three weeks have nausea and fever last three days darker urine been to a doctor told have tonsillitis the other things did not occur to me at the time

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Have been extremely anxious and depressed last three days

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Medical
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/26/2017
Doctor: Dr. Mo, Board Certified MD replied 8 months ago
Dr. Mo
Dr. Mo, Board Certified MD

Hi, Dr. Mo here with JA. Please let me review the information and I'll reply shortly.

You cannot get HIV from this. And the chance of Hep B would be incredibly low due to the low amount of transmissibility of the virus through the oral cavity.

I would say in both of these infections your risk would be zero based on what you have described.

What would my symptoms point to then

It could be a slew of things that would cause that constellation of symptoms, here is a list off of the top of my head:

• gastroenteritis
  • flu like illness
  • viral infection
  • gastritis
  • dyspepsia
  • dehydration
  • common cold

None of them would be related to the oral sex episode you mentioned.

Please let me know if you have any other questions, otherwise please click on "Rating".