Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I am a reasonably healthy 66 yr old female and I have had a…

Customer Question
I am a reasonably...

I am a reasonably healthy 66 yr old female and I have had a fever of 101 to 101.8 for three days, including achiness in neck and very painful lower back, chills and weakness, with a minor sore throat but no congestion. No change in diet or meds.

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you had the symptoms? Do you have a fever?

Since last Friday. Haven't taken temp this a.m. but it usually is at about 100 to 101 in a.m.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I take a mild antidepressant fluoxatine and hormone replacement drugs. I also take calcium, vit B, fish oil.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Medical
9/26/2017
Doctor: Dr Josh, Doctor replied 10 months ago
Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor

Myself Dr Josh- and I’m happy to help with your question today.

Please provide me the following information so that I can address your concern-

Do you have pain during swallowing?

Running nose or cough?

Shortness of breath?

Waiting for your reply…

Thanks

Dear,

Thanks for staying Online. I am posting answer below-

Well, such symptoms could occur with bacterial origin throat infection.

This can be related with Strep throat.

It can also be due to inflammation (swelling) of the tonsils, it is called as Tonsillitis.

To make a diagnose, a physical examination, throat culture or rapid strep test can be done. A rapid test gives a result within about 10 minutes.

You would need prescription of Antibiotics like- Penicillin or amoxicillin for 7-10 days.
This infection, can be passed from person to person through breathes, coughs, or sneezes, tiny droplets.

So please avoid close contact, till you get it evaluated. You are contagious till you have symptoms

You can go for a lukewarm five- to 10-minute soak or a sponge bath. It would be very helpful.

You should take Tylenol to reduce fever and bodyache.

It can be taken in dosage of two tablets every four to six hours as needed. It means you need to take 1000 mg every 6 hours.
A course of antibiotics, is must at this time.

I would suggest, that you can see your doctor and get this issue managed.

Hope this helped

If you have any further question then you can ask me.

Please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today
we only get after positive feedback.
Bonus is highly appreciated.
We are here to help you until you satisfy.
Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

May i help you further?

Do you need more help?

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh