Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I have a hard lump on end of my clavicle close to my throat.

Customer Question
I have a hard...

I have a hard lump on end of my clavicle close to my throat. Ultrasound done and results were - "we see what you feel but don't know what it is". CT scan tomorrow. Would that show a thyroid issue as well?

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you had the lump? Is it hard or soft?

Very hard - size of a marble. Approximately 3 weeks

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

2 X breast cancer survivor (inflammatory breast cancer on the side where this lump is - other breast had a different kind of cancer), BRCA 2 positive

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Medical
9/26/2017
Doctor: Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor replied 10 months ago

Welcome to Just Answer.
Answers here are for education and information.
I will respond shortly with an answer, or further information request.

A CT scan would show thyroid too.

An hard lump need to be ruled out for;

1) Neuroma

2) Neurofibroma

3) Secondaries in lymph node

4) Lipofibroma.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

Was this information helpful to you? I would be glad to answer any further questions.

It is privilege assisting you. Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.Please consider a positive 5 star rating if this interaction has been satisfactory, as this is the only way we experts are credited and compensated for the time and work. You are not charged again for giving a rating. The rating button is on the left upper side of this thread.Thank you.Wishing you all the very best in life.http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-rate-answer-hl