Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I am currently walking the Camino. I have developed acol. I…

Customer Question
I am currently walking...

I am currently walking the Camino. I have developed acol. I have yello mucus discharging from my nose and I am coughing up light yellow mucus. I am having night sweats and my right lymph nose is swollen. I have been prone to sinusitis in the past and take Alavert for allergy symptoms. I've had to take a day of rest because of the severe coughing. The weather has been dry and windy. I am currently in Fromista Spain. Thank you for any help as I still have 425 kilometers to hike until I reach Santiago de Compostella. Oh I am also wheezing.

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been dealing with the cough? Are you having any other symptoms?

2 days dealing with the cough along with the symptoms in my original statement

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I've had ear tubes in the past year. One ear has a hole while the other tube is there. I had my last chemo treatment for ovarian cancer 2 years ago.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Medical
9/26/2017
Doctor: Dr.Saleem, Doctor replied 7 months ago
Dr.Saleem
Dr.Saleem, Doctor

Hello and welcome to JA. Dr Saleem here. Will be answering you shortly

It sounds like bronchitis . You have to take steam , use menthol if available and inhale the steam.

Continue taking antiallergic.

Take OTC cough suppressant syrup.

It will need a course of coamoxiclav or levofloxacin to help alleviate your infection / symptoms.

Take tylenol for fever.

Flonase to open up your upper airways.

If wheezing then bronchodilators like fluticasone or salbutamol can be very helpful.

I hope you feel better soon.

Let me know if you need any further help

I am in Spain right now. To get some of those items I need a prescription. Do I need to see a doctor here?

Use face mask and keep up your fluid intake as dryness will exacerbate your symptoms.

I would definitely recommend you to see a doctor as OTC remedies might not help with this infection .

Let me know if you have any more queries.

Please reward credit for the consult by clicking 5 stars in rating corner of your page.

Wishing you a healthy life.

Regards

How are you now? Have you managed to get those medications i advised that day?

Wish you a rapid recovery.

Regards

Dr.Saleem
Dr.Saleem
Dr.Saleem, Doctor